PEATA was formed by industry professionals to educate and support best practice in extraction fan testing. We are the only trade body exclusively supporting professionals like you with training and tools to comply with Part F of the building regulations in the domestic space.
Becoming a registered PEATA fan tester will give you the knowledge and confidence to commission and test domestic ventilation systems. It will also give you full access to our web app to quickly create professional domestic ventilation commissioning certificates*. We’ll even throw in a free hire of all the kit you’ll need to perform your first test!
PEATA membership is open to anyone, although a working knowledge of the construction industry would be advantageous. Our members work throughout the construction industry, as contractors, electricians, plumbers, building compliance specialists, construction testing engineers and others. Being PEATA registered gives Building Inspectors and Building Compliance Officers the assurance that Domestic ventilation commissioning certificates comply with current regs and best practice.
Becoming accredited through PEATA is an online-only process which can be completed in an evening.
- First, choose the membership package which is right for you – whether you’re a one-man band or a nationwide corporation, or anything in between.
- Second, put in your company details, including email address and phone number.
- You’ll be redirected to our secure payment processor, Stripe, which will handle billing.
- That’s it! You now have access to our simple and concise training program. This will take you through the four main types of extraction airflow system, including MVHR and SRHRV as well as passive stack systems.
- You’ll learn what to look for when inspecting these systems, as well as how to commission each of them. You’ll also learn when airflow tests are required, and how to perform them.
- The training program, including videos, should take no more than a couple of hours and may be faster if you already have some prior knowledge.
- Once you’ve completed training, take a simple online test to become accredited. You can take the test as often as you like.
- PEATA will immediately issue your registration information and you’ll have access to our web app and testing resources.
- You can contact us at any time after accreditation to arrange your free hire of the vane anemometer.
With PEATA’s exclusive online-only training and accreditation, you can be creating your first domestic ventilation commissioning certificate in only a couple of hours!
So sign up today to benefit from the free vane anemometer hire, free training, industry leading software and unlimited certificates www.peata.org.uk
*“domestic ventilation commissioning” certificates are also sometimes known as “Part F certificates”, “airflow test certificates” and “PEATA certificates”.